About the features of renting real estate in Novi Sad
1. First of all, I would like to say that the second name of the city of Novi Sad is the city of students. Which already suggests that the demand for Studio apartments, one-room apartments of small size is quite high, which is what landlords use mercilessly inflating the price of renting for a small living space, not very convenient layout, which is mostly furnished with far from new furniture and appliances, and the area is not the center. If you want to rent a Studio or one-bedroom apartment, be prepared for an inflated price. Among the advantages-small expenses for utilities.
2. Local landlords like to rent out real estate for a long time, if possible for three or four years, at least for a year. They do not like to bother looking for new tenants, but they can ask for a Deposit of two or three rents, arguing that the tenant is a foreigner, and tomorrow may disappear without paying the bills or arrange a pogrom in the apartment, after which you will need major repairs.
3. A very small percentage of local landlords will agree to rent if you have a cat or dog. You can explain that you have a “well-behaved” animal that only goes to the tray and does not spoil the furniture, but from my own experience I know that only a few agree.
4. Bargaining is almost impossible. The price that is announced to you is the amount that the landlord wants to receive every month without justified reasons (apartment with good repair, new furniture and appliances, consent to / register the tenant at the address, availability of Internet, availability of Parking space, etc.).
5. Housing for rent is usually rented with furniture and appliances, without dishes, small appliances (kettle, vacuum cleaner, iron..), bedding, clothes dryers, and even the Internet. This already implies an additional expense for the tenant. You are asked to sign a contract with an Internet provider in your own name, which already implies that you will wait from several days to several weeks for connection. On the plus side, when you move to a new home, you can transfer the Internet to a new address.
6. Somewhere from the middle of August and the month of September, October are a shock for landlords. At this time, students or people who are transferred to work in our city go and choose their own housing. If you find a suitable apartment/house on real estate sites, be prepared for the fact that the property may already be rented by the time you order it for viewing. Therefore, I advise you to carry a certain amount with you in order to make a Deposit immediately,in case you like everything. The bottom line-the property is rented within a few hours. It is easier to rent a house during the summer months (end of may and mid-August). There are more chances to choose what you like at a reasonable, adequate price.
7. And of course, choose friendly landlords. At the very beginning, specify the signing of the lease agreement (required), the point of registration at the address of residence. Since according to local law, a foreigner must register only at the place of actual residence.