Obtaining a residence permit and permanent residence in Serbia
Residence permit in Serbia (Privremeni boravak)
Privremeni boravak is a residence permit for a foreign citizen in the Republic of Serbia and can be granted to a foreigner who intends to stay in the Republic of Serbia for more than 90 days.
Grounds for obtaining a residence permit in Serbia:
1. Opening a company (LLC, JSC) or sole proprietor. The company must carry out real activities and pay taxes. All foreigners working in the company must have a work permit in the territory of the Republic of Serbia.
3. Buying a ready-made business
4. Marriage to a Serbian citizen
5. Civil marriage with a citizen of Serbia
6. Purchase of real estate (there are no special conditions, i.e. the established minimum cost of real estate)
7. Medical treatment and rehabilitation
8. Education (secondary school, gymnasium, University)
9. Family reunion. Upon family reunification, minor children and spouses are entitled to obtain a residence permit.
10.Family relationship with a citizen of Serbia.
The application for approval of a residence permit is submitted in person. If your stay in the country ends, you do not need to leave the country after submitting your application for a residence permit. An application for extension of a residence permit can be submitted no earlier than 3 months, but no later than 30 days before the expiration of the residence permit.
The residence permit looks like an insert in the passport and is issued for a period of three months to one year.
Permanent residence (Stalni boravak) is a permit for a long-term stay of a foreign citizen in the Republic of Serbia.
Permanent residence is approved for a foreign citizen who has lived in the territory of Serbia and had a residence permit for more than 5 years before applying for permanent residence. This does not apply to students and schoolchildren, but if they change the basis of a residence permit, they will be credited with half of the period of residence for study. For those who make permanent residence by marriage, they need to live and have a residence permit in the territory of the Republic of Serbia for at least three years.
Our specialists will prepare for submission a set of documents for obtaining a residence permit or permanent residence.
The service includes the complete preparation of the necessary documents:
- opening an account in a Serbian Bank
- filling out applications and receipts
- transfer of documents for translation to a court interpreter
- escort to the police